Koin @ KotlinConf 2023
It was very to nice to be part of the most important conference about Kotlin, the KotlinConf (https://kotlinconf.com/) organized by Jetbrains. This year was hosted in the beautiful place of Beurs van Berlage.
I was there to present "Koin 3.2 - Improving the Kotlin Developer Experience" talk
The Slides ✨
You can find the pdf of my talk here below:
The videos of the overall conference are now available on youtube. Here's ours:
Wrap Up 📌
I give you back again the key points of my talk about Koin.
Concerning Koin DSL improvements:
- New Constructor DSL to help get rid of "get()" everywhere - https://insert-koin.io/docs/reference/koin-core/dsl-update
- Options DSL to help specify the use of bind/named/createdAtStart - https://insert-koin.io/docs/reference/koin-core/dsl-update/#dsl-options
- Koin modules can now use the
includes()function - https://insert-koin.io/docs/reference/koin-core/modules#module-includes-since-32
Last year, we launched the Koin Annotations project to bring annotation processing to Koin. The idea is to let you use annotations, and we will generate the Koin config for you. Check the Koin Annotations documentation (https://insert-koin.io/docs/reference/koin-annotations/start), or also try the Koin annotations starter projects:
- Kotlin app with Koin Annotations - https://insert-koin.io/docs/quickstart/kotlin-annotations
- Android app with Koin Annotations - https://insert-koin.io/docs/quickstart/android-annotations
Some latest additions to Koin Annotations 1.2 to mention:
- List / Lazy type detection in parameter
@KoinWorkerto let you annotate a Worker to run on Android WorkManager
To finish, I've come over Koin 3.4 new release, and especially some good stuff about Koin for Compose and background modules loading with coroutines. Stay tuned for later deep dive!
New Platform Announcement 🎉
We are happy to share the news that we are launching a new developer platform Koin Cloud-Inject:
Hope you enjoyed the conference for those who were there.
Thanks, Michael for your photos.